Jun 6, 2014

Bliary Entry #11: Nude Dudes and & Talking Urban Sketching

Ruddy hell I'm tired. But in a good way, I promise.
The big job that myself and a bunch of my close artistic buddies have been working on for the last couple of months has been wrapped up and I am beginning a couple of new ones this very day. There's the 30-Day Drawing Challenge to find time for, and I'm quite keen to get in a couple of Skyrim today too.
And on top of that, I managed to attend a life drawing session and a talk about the Galway Urban Sketchers group.

The life drawing class was really fantastic. It was on Wednesday evening and took place quite close to my work, so it was pretty convenient.
The session lasted two hours, and the model stayed in the same position, minus a short break midway through, for the duration. This is pretty much an ideal life drawing class set-up for me. While I can see the merit in quicker poses, I much prefer the longer ones, where you can really get involved in the work and not feel rushed. This is the piece I produced for it-

The scan isn't very good, I'm afraid. A lot of detail seems to have been lost and it's obviously a mashing together of two scans to make up the whole. But you get the idea.

This was the first time I've drawn a nude figure in absolutely ages, and the first time I've attended this particular class. It runs on a weekly basis, and I will definitely be returning for it as often as I am able.

Then, on Thursday evening, Róisín Curé held a talk at a bookshop about our Galway Urban Sketchers Group.
 

Róisín did a cracking job of it, mixing advice, humour and anecdotes very nicely and hopefully we'll have some new members joining us at our next meet-up in a couple of weeks.

And that's it for now. Skyrim calls.

No comments: