Feb 28, 2014

Bliary Entry #4: The Mucous Monster attacks!

The last couple of weeks have been an absolute nightmare.
I had a cold that started up on Sunday the 16th, and now, nearly two weeks later, I'm still dealing with the nasty thing. I think I can reasonably say that it is the worst cold I have ever had.

But it's not the actual act of being sick that bothers me, as that is temporary and soon forgotten. It is the loss of a whole lot of work time that is irksome to me. Especially when I'm feeling particularly inspired/discontented/charlatanistic about my work. The fact that I want to do big things with my art in 2014 means that a loss of nearly two weeks through illness and low energy hurts. A lot.

What I really need is some mechanism, something that will change my biological makeup so that the act of creating artwork becomes second nature, rather than something that needs self-imposed self-discipline and deadlines to get the work done. It is something I have always struggled with. I guess I'm just a procrastinator and a bit lazy.

Something has to change. I have plans and dreams. But my lack of output seriously inhibits and delays their fulfilment. It sounds corny and fluffy, but I can almost hear the Realms of Faerie calling to me, wanting me to immerse myself in them and BE the creative person I want and need to be. So why do those calls fall on deaf ears? Why do I ignore the call?

Darned if I know.

No more, I say. No More!

It's time to dive right in, head first. It's time to be the Faerie artist I know I can be. It's time to be the Faerie writer I feel I have the potential to become. It's time to make my plans a reality, and to live my dreams.

It's time.

The Realms of Faerie are coming.

2 comments:

Boric G said...

Feel better soon, my friend.

Jay Penn said...

Thanks Boric! It's a couple of days after writing that post now and I'm feeling considerably better and I'm back at the drawing board and ripping into some watercolours. I'll have stuff to show soon.