Sep 4, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #100 - Willow for the win!

Well, we've made it all the way to this, the final day of the 100 Heads in 100 Days challenge. It has been a long 100 days, and I am very glad it is over, but I'm also happy with the project and the work I did for it.
I'm going to keep this post in keeping with all of the other posts in the series, so I won't start blathering on here about what I think of the 100 Heads in 100 Days challenge. That will be covered in detail in a 100 Heads follow up post in the next couple of days. And, as promised, there will be another 10 copies of a new print up for grabs in that post as well. So do come back soon, won't you?

For now, though, I present to you, for the last time...

100 Heads in 100 Days #100
My old friend, Willow
Willow was created a looong time ago. He's the culmination of many factors; my love of Rien Poortvliet's Gnomes, the influence of J R R Tolkien on my way of thinking, my desire to do something new with an old type of creature, my love of books and my need for a particular kind of lead character. Willow fills all of those requirements. He's a Gnome, but by no means your typical garden Gnome, he has a personality close to Mr. Tolkien (or what I imagine that would be like), he's bookish and the type of character that can lead the type of story I like to come up with.
I'm going to keep any other information on Willow close to my chest for the time being, but he'll be making more appearances here in the future, no doubt.

Me Fact #100
I've made dumb decisions in my life. I've also missed opportunities through not making any decision at all. One thing I DID get right, though, was marrying my wife, Steph. She's the most important person in my life and always will be. Every early morning, every late night, every ounce of expelled energy, I do for Steph.

5 comments:

Tim Shorts said...

Great job on the 100 days. Really great. And ending with an excellent dedication to the wife. Good move.

Thanks for sharing all your work.

christian said...

Congrats! Lovely tribute to Steph. :)

Boric G said...

Proud of you for sticking it out. Lots of great work in there, too. And way to go for making us male gamers all think about the most important people in our lives. Thanks, Steph for sharing your husband with us....

Jay Penn said...

Thanks gents. That tribute should keep me in the good books for a little while, at least.

Jay Penn said...

Willow picture reserved for Sue Perrin