Aug 22, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #87 - The Hill Giant

As I briefly mentioned yesterday, for the rest of this 100 Heads in 100 Days challenge, I am going to introduce a character from the book I am writing each day here on the blog. The posts won't be too elaborate or fancy, I'll just be giving a little bit of information on each character to give a feel for what the book is about.
Here's the first cab off the rank:

100 Heads in 100 Days #87
The Hill Giant
This is a Hill Giant that the main characters (to feature in their own posts soon) meet toward the end of the book. He lives far from any town or settlement and as a result, his isolation has made him a bit odd.
The Hill Giant is a character I've wanted to write about for many years now. I like how the Hill Giant creates a world of Faerie notions all by himself: he's a large, talking creature that lives in the ground. This suggests many things; mainly that Faerie is a place of weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes, and that there is magic all around and in many forms.
His personality is a fun one to write, too. He is forgetful and not very observant. He is somewhat self-centered and rather unhelpful due to his state of mind.

Me Fact #87
My parents never bought a house, we always rented. As a result, we moved houses pretty often. I seem to have inherited this almost nomadic trait. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I have lived in over 20 different houses over my lifetime. One day, Steph and I WILL settle down in our own place and stay there. One day...

1 comment:

Jay Penn said...

Reserved for Brian Walker.