Aug 15, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #80 - Oakorn Wood

There is a small copse, full of dense Oak trees, deep in the heart of the Everspring, that is a place of such beauty and serenity that all who enter it are reduced to tears at the sight of it. It is Oakorn Wood, home of the Oakorn beings who tend every blade of grass, every cluster of moss, every frond of fern.

The Oakorns are tiny Faerie folk, no bigger than an Elf's little finger. They spend their days sweeping the paths, watering the trees and underbrush and mending torn leaves. They are tireless in their work and are immensely proud of their forest.

Those who threaten Oakorn Wood are banished for good, never to again pass through the magical barrier that surrounds this haven of peace and beauty.

Oakorn Wood and its keepers are eternal; as pure as the crystal clear stream than babbles its way between rock and wood within. It has always been, always shall be, as it should be.

100 Heads in 100 Days #80
An Oakorn
Me Fact #80
I've been walking in the hazel copse up the back for over 10 years now, sometimes as many as 8 times a day. I never grow tired of it, it never ceases to make me smile, it never fails to inspire me. I don't know how long that copse will exist though, I believe its days are numbered, and that makes me very sad, frustrated and angry. I don't understand why it needs to be cleared, there is plenty of land here for grazing farm animals. But that is what I am up against here, people that don't care about nature unless it is making them money.

1 comment:

Jay Penn said...

Reserved for Brian Walker.