Aug 10, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #75

Well, I've made it 3/4 of the way. Time for another milestone celebratory post then, I guess.
What I'd like to talk about first is what I have planned for the final 25 posts of this challenge.

I've been weighing up a number of ideas of how to close out this challenge. I think I'm probably settled on what to do with the last ten or so, it's more about what to do for the posts up until that point.
I have about a dozen posts to fill still, and I want to make them a little more meaningful than a typical 100 Heads Challenge post. So what should I do? I have plenty of ideas, but what I think I am going to do is write something, then draw a head relating to it. Most of the time, I've just been drawing any old thing that comes to mind and not really making it resemble anything the text is talking about. I think I'm going to change that for these ones leading up to the final batch. So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be writing little tales and drawing heads to go along with them. It should be fun and something a little different.

Also today, because it is a milestone, I'm going to show off another piece of work I haven't revealed here yet:

This was done as a magazine cover for the company I did the Cthulhu piece for. I'm not sure what the story with the magazine is at this point, but hopefully it'll come about some day.

100 Heads in 100 Days #75
Louie
This is a quick sketch of our dog, Louie. He means the world to us, he's more of a son than a pet.

Me Fact #75
My grandfather was a POW in WW2, I believe. I'm against war and violence in general, but if somebody wanted to invade the place where I live and potentially harm the people I love, I would take up arms to defend them in a second. Ireland, where I live, is known for being a neutral country in wars. They don't fight. Even when a maniac threatened to rule the world through hate and mass murder, they didn't lift a finger. I couldn't do that.

3 comments:

Tim Shorts said...

Great picture. As a dog 'owner' (never seems like the right word, seems like they run me more) I can relate. Got two little young ladies that keep me busy.

christian said...

Phenomenal goblin. That should be on the cover of a book. So amazing!!!

Jay Penn said...

Thanks Christian, this one came off pretty easily for once.
Tim, they certainly are a full-time job, dogs.