Jul 9, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #43 - Bart Sears' Mael

I've bitten the bullet and have decided to get on Twitter. I don't quite know what I'm doing on it yet, but you can find me on it as Jay Penn. Just look for the Troll avatar!
I'm reading a book at the moment that deals with creating you writer/artist platform and how to manage it. A platform, in this context, is essentially your presence, your carved out corner that attracts people interested in the sort of thing you are doing. It can take many forms, but one of the easiest ways is through places like a blog like this, Facebook and Twitter. So that's what I'm doing. This blog is gaining some nice momentum, but I have a lot of catching up to do with Twitter. So if you do want to follow me, expect a healthy amount of tweets from me as I build it up, I'll do my utmost to make them relevant and not filler nonsense about what I'm eating for lunch.

100 Heads in 100 Days #43

This is the character called 'Mael' from Bart Sears' Ominous Press universe. I always loved his look. He's crazy muscly, covered in a green reflective metal, with a flaming head. Just awesome visuals.

Me Fact #43
The most important artistic piece of advice I have ever been given was by Bart Sears, who told me that structure is everything. If you have the structure wrong, no amount of fancy lines over the top of it can hide it. I nearly always remember that.

No comments: