Jul 7, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #41 - Danu & free art for you

Just a gentle reminder that all of these 100 Heads in 100 Days are available to own free of charge for anybody interested. The full details are available on yesterday's post. Anyway...

Today's 31 Day Drawing Challenge is to 'draw your favourite Mythical Creature or God.'

100 Heads in 100 Days #41 / 31 Day Drawing Challenge #7

Danu the Earth Goddess
As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to worship a deity. Her name is Danu, sometimes she is referred to as Dana, or Anu, or a couple of other variations. I discovered her, perhaps embarrassingly, in a comic of all places, specifically the 2000AD strip Slaine.
She's essentially an Earth Goddess type of deity, one worships her through adoration of nature and respects all of her facets, both bad and good. I don't worship her anymore though, but I continue to revere nature. Very much so.


Me Fact #41
I once went for a walk for about 35 kilometres from start to finish, mostly over rough terrain.
It hurt.
A lot.

1 comment:

Jay Penn said...

Reserved for Jo Mcvilly