Jun 4, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #8

One of my big Bucket List items is to see the return of Bart Sears' Ominous Press. Three comics and a bunch of merchandise were produced back in 1994 for it. Unfortunately, the volatile market saw the business close before it reached even a smidgen of its potential.
I've discussed the Ominous Universe for countless hours with Bart since, it's our favourite topic. To think that that world which resides in his head will never see the light of day fills me with dread. Having read all of the material Bart has committed to paper, and through the many, many hours of talking to him about it, I can honestly say that it is the most epic, layered, cool, evocative and exciting story I have ever come across.

This is my quick rendition of Arkon, one of the key players in the piece...

100 Heads in 100 Days #8
Arkon
Me Fact #8
If I were to get a tattoo, it would be of Bart Sears' Ominous Press logo, with Tolkien's symbol, Frazetta's 'F' and Rien Poortvliet's star organised in and around it. But I'm too much of a chicken to get it done.

No comments: