Jun 28, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #32 - OONK!

Ooooh, yep, I'm tired.
I've been doing that extra hour or so of drawing in the evenings for the last week and it is taking its toll. I'm also in the middle of a long haul at the bookshop where I'm doing a 4-1-4-1-5 run (that's four days on, one day off, four days on, etc.). The second 1 is this Sunday.
My wife and I are seriously considering finding somewhere to rent closer to town so that we can get out of our current situation, which is quite unbearable in many respects. I think we've both had enough of not being in control of a large portion of our lives and want to live in some level of comfort for a change. I could really do with cutting my commute to work a bit too, these 6.15 starters are going to kill me, I'm pretty sure.
Also, I'm trying a bit of a health kick at the moment. I was just putting on too much weight and was constantly feeling lethargic. So I'm trying to cut out most of the bad stuff and replacing it with moderately healthier food (i'll never be a super healthy eater). I'm treating it as a change that was necessary, not necessarily a life changing thing. Psychologically, I find that if I get really crazy about something like this, it never lasts, so I'm going to just try to flip that mental switch on the quiet and let it do its thing.

100 Heads in 100 Days #32
Oonk, the Ogroll
Ogres on their own can be pretty nasty. Some species of Troll are almost as nasty as that. Mix an Ogre father and Troll Mother and you get an Ogroll, definitely the nastiest creature you'd ever have the misfortune of meeting. They're just wicked things. They live to eat, kill and sleep. They take evil pleasure in the first two. They especially enjoy eating small animals and spend a great deal of time setting traps for rabbits and birds. But really, anything they see that moves, they will try to kill and attempt (usually successfully) to eat.
Ogrolls have one weakness- warmish water. It turns them to stone very quickly. To evade this, Ogrolls prefer to live in places where warm water is unlikely- arid flatlands, snow mountains, and wintery islands.
If ever you do come across an Ogroll, there really is only one thing for it... spit on them! Saliva is almost all water, and though it won't be warm enough to turn them to stone, it will slow them down and the threat of death will usually deter them for good.

Me Fact #32
I remember when I was about 15, lying on the couch on a hot summer's day in Melbourne. I had no shirt on and as I looked down, my stomach muscles flexed and I had a six-pack for about half a second. That is the only time I have ever had a six-pack.

1 comment:

Jay Penn said...

Reserved for Sue Perrin.