Jun 23, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #27 - Wyrtle the Stone Witch Troll

I really miss the sheer diversity of fauna and flora in Australia. There is more diversity in a single Melbourne street than in all of Ireland, I bet. Sure, most of the animals want to kill you in one way or another, but I would love to hear the call of the Kookaburra in the distance, or smell an Acacia or Banksia again. That's one thing I really miss, the smell of abundant and varied blooms. Spring smells good in Melbourne, spring smells not so faintly of cow dung here. More than anything though, I would love to walk my dog around the streets of my home suburb of Blackburn or up in the Dandenongs. I want to see him exploring new things and see how he reacts to his first possum. I think he'd love it there. He'd have a pee parade...

100 Heads in 100 Days #27
Wyrtle the Stone Witch
Wyrtle the Stone Witch is quite mad. She's the kind of mad that makes other Trolls keep their distance from her, and sigh in relief as she passes them by. Not that she's dangerous, mind you. She's just that unpredictable kind of mad that makes others wary of her.
Wyrtle has one obsession that occupies most of her waking life. She lives for Stone Rings. So rare are they that she covets them above all other things. She is convinced that she can see into the human world while looking through her Stone Rings, much like some humans believe they can do the reverse. Some Trolls believe that looking in on the human world is what has driven Wyrtle around the bend. This is probably quite true.

Me Fact #27
I find arrogance to be an immensely ugly thing. I struggle with my own formidable ego on a daily basis. Sometimes it wins out, but mostly I keep it in check. If I could change one thing about myself, I would cut that ego out for good.

1 comment:

Jay Penn said...

Reserved for Katie Creaven.