Jun 13, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #17

Here's another female attempt. I gave her an Elfin look because... well, because I like drawing pointy ears, that's why!
I remember an early Bart Sears 'Brutes & Babes' tutorial in Wizard magazine where he stated that every line you put on a woman's face ages her. This is so true. This is also a difficult thing to juggle. Structure and form lines are important with a face, but one too many lines can have a negative effect on the overall portrait. This is especially true when working in line, not paint. With paint, you can use varied colour to show cheek bones, brow and chin, but if I were to go in and accentuate those elements with lines, she'd look hideous!
Anyway...

100 Heads in 100 Days #17
Me Fact #17
My family and I lived in Hong Kong for a year in 1991. I had two girlfriends during that time. One was called Vicky, the other was Belinda, I think. I believe Belinda was of Chinese descent, not sure about Vicky, maybe Korean. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing at the time, they dumped me pretty quickly.

No comments: