May 31, 2013

100 Heads in 100 Days #4

I love wordplay. I love making up names of beings and places, although it is becoming increasingly difficult to come up with a name that is both interesting looking/sounding and unique. I thought I'd struck gold with a place I named 'Windmill Hill;' then I discovered that very name in one of my all-time favourite console games, Fable.
But I think the skill is in how you make something used elsewhere your own, how you twist it to be new.
For instance, the word 'Water Witch' is tied to those folks that walk around fields with pointy bits of wood or metal looking for water sources.
Here is how I interpret the word...

100 Heads in 100 Days #4

Water Witch
Me Fact #4 
I put over 400 hours into The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion game before I decided to actually finish it. I just loved running around that immense landscape, I never got tired of it.

No comments: