Nov 20, 2012

Kickstarter Goodness: Adventures Dark & Deep

As a freelance artist, I apply for a lot of art gigs that sound like fun things to be attached to. Not all of them go ahead, and some just seem to disappear. That's fine though, that's the nature of the beast.
But then, every now and then, a job comes along that really looks fantastic and the person at the center of it is commited to it all the way.
I got an email regarding just such a project this very morning. The concept is cool, the person is dead keen, and the payout will be to see my artwork in a nifty RPG sourcebook.
The project is called 'Adventures Dark and Deep' and is trademarked to Joseph Bloch, the guy behind it all. The fact that he's trademarked the name of the thing says a lot to me about his drive to see this succeed.
And the great news is, he's set it up as a Kickstarter campaign, with a very resonable target amount to be reached to see it published. I've seen plenty of similar campaigns that ask for ten times the amount Joseph is asking for, and it's no big shock that many of them fail to reach the target. But I would actually BE shocked if Adventures Dark and Deep does NOT reach its target.
But that does not mean you shouldn't contribute a few bucks to the project, because this project really does sound like a great idea to me. I'll be throwing some money its way, for sure.

So here's the link to the Kickstarter Campaign!
If the project does go ahead, I have been selected as one of the artists to provide pieces for the sourcebook. Joseph mentioned in his email that artists will be given 6-8 individual black & white pieces to do for it, which I really can't wait to sink my teeth into.

So, go donate some money to the project, it really is a worthy cause for all gamers alike.

No comments: