Jan 24, 2012

Loviatar #7

I just finished producing the artwork for Loviatar #7 yesterday. This issue features far more illustrations by me than ever before, and the work that Christian has done in writing a campaign promises to make this a fantastic fanzine.
Christian has, very kindly, been showing off the artwork over on the Loviatar blog, but I think it is time I did a post on it all over here.
So, first of all, we have the cover...
Loviatar #7 cover
It features a 6-legged Basilisk at the top, a halfling town in the middle, and a few of the local brewery's wares and a giant owl at the bottom.

Next up there are a bunch of illustrations to go with the campaign...
A Gnome amongst some potatoes
A Giant Owl
The mysterious Stone Man
Offerings for the Stone Man
Kemper Burrowell, local law enforcer
Goblin Raiders
I had a huge amount of fun drawing things for this issue, and I think it is some of the best work I have done for the zine.
The issue isn't on sale quite yet, but if you keep an eye open over at Loviatar, Christian will announce the release of the issue soon.

Until next time!

4 comments:

christian said...

The art is amazing! I arranged all of the text and illustrations last night and the issue looks incredible. well done, sir!

Jay Penn said...

Thanks mate, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on a copy!

Jensan said...

I love the Stone Man-illustration, it's really evocative. The way you did the mist/fog at his feet was very clever! The use of negative space, or what it is called.

And the expression on the potato gnome's face is priceless!

Jay Penn said...

Thanks Jensan! Negative space is a tricky thing to do well, and I have a lot to learn about it, but I think that use of it turned out not bad.