Sep 30, 2011

Loviatar

Hey all, been a little while, but I've been working feverishly at the drawing board over the last couple of months. I've got a lot of things in the works at the moment, including a webcomic that should debut in a few weeks, and a comic I'm hoping to print up and distribute however I can in a few month's time. Also, I got in contact with a gentleman by the name of Christian Walker, who writes and produces a fantastic little fanzine geared toward table-top roleplaying games. He was looking for an artist to supply a cover image that linked to the internal content of the zine, and he was happy for me to give it a bash! So here's the cover for you all to see-

And here's the original art for it-

I also did a few interior illustrations for issue #3, and am currently working on the cover for the fourth issue.
If you would like to learn more about the fanzine, or maybe even purchase an issue or two (they'll no doubt worth a considerable fortune once I'm famous and/or dead), you can check it all out over here

7 comments:

christian said...

What a fine-looking cover. Well done, sir!

Jensan said...

So you're the one who made that cover! Great work, I really like it. Very eerie in a classical, 1930-kind of way!

Jay Penn said...

Thankyou, one and all! It was a blast to do and I only hope I can top it with the next cover!

WA_side said...

I always like the great detail you include in your drawings Jay.

On the subject of comic distribution, have you sign the site (and Apps, etc) Graphicly? I only read the work, so I have no idea how it works for a writer/artist, but I think it has a pretty large distribution.

Jay Penn said...

Hi WA, glad you like the piece, the next one is turning out even better!
Could you maybe explain to me what you're saying about 'signing the site' in a little more detail, I'm not too sure what you're talking about there. Probably my own ignorance to blame, no doubt...

WA_side said...

Apologies Jay, I commented from my phone and didn't fully proof my spelling.

It should say "Have you seen the site ..." and refers to http://graphicly.com/

Cathi

Jay Penn said...

I've only just heard of that site actually, I've been meaning to check it out. it may be just the place for me to unleash some ideas I have for comics and other stuff. Thanks for the heads up!