Aug 19, 2011

Captain Britain, guvs!

Yesterday, my buddy Gord and I set ourselves a little challenge to draw a pin-up of a superhero of our own choice. The important rule for the challenge was that we had a mere 2 hours to complete the pin-up. So this is what I came up with...
Captain Britain
I chose to depict Captain Britain in one of his old costume incarnations, I'm not too keen on any of the newer ones, much preferring the Alan Davis 80's version.

Now, to be fair and honest, it took me a pinch over 2 hours to complete this image, the figure itself took 2 hours from start to finish, but the Union Jack background took some extra time to do, you'd be amazed how finicky that flag is to draw.

Anywho, this was a spectacularly fun challenge to do, and Gord and I have agreed to attempt it again in the near future. So look for more hero pin-ups on this blog soon.

Also, this is probably as good a time as any to mention that I do accept commission work. So if you have a comic hero, either existing or one of your own, or any other character, comics or no, for that matter, that you would like me to draw, just let me know and we can work out a deal. A basic commission from me would only set you back a measly US$50!

No comments: