Jun 26, 2010

The gift of giving

My wife and I have just returned from a lovely 3 week holiday in Australia, visiting family and friends alike. We got to go to all of our old favourite haunts, went to some parties, football, and ate way too much food.

We also got to see the newest addition to the Penn family, my youngest brother's baby daughter Isabella, who is just gorgeous.
The day that my brother Daniel told me that he and his fiance Adela where expecting, I started planning things to do for the baby. I originally intended to do a little book for the baby, then contemplated making a cot mobile, but in the end, I went for a painting, mostly so that it could be kept with her as she grows older and wouldn't get too damaged along the way.

So here it is, my picture for baby Isabella!


One of my oldest friends also recently had a baby. I first met Rob Nicholls (Bob to me) when we were the tender age of 6. We've been friends ever since and it was with great delight that I heard that he and his awesome wife Sarah were going to be parents. And naturally, I drew them a picture too, though very different than the previous one. So here is the picture I did for Bob, Sarah and their beautiful daughter Ellie!

No comments: