Apr 30, 2010

Gnomes, Gnomes & more Gnomes

Hello again all (all 3 of you that actually read this, that is!).
Below is a bit of work produced just last night. On first glimpse, it could appear that all of these Gnome fellows are members of one family, but no, it is, in fact, the same character drawn over and over again, in an attempt to try and get the facial features to how I envision him.
The character's name is Willow the Scribe Gnome, and is the lead character in the book I have been writing for much too long now. He's sort of not your typical Gnome (nature guardians mostly), wherein he is rather grumpy, shuns company and likes books (sounds familiar).

Anyway, this is only the first attempt at capturing his likeness. None of these versions are quite right in my mind, but I'll keep plugging at it until I nail it!

No comments: